Monday, February 23, 2015

Creating and Learning....

I have not done much in the way of posting here, but I have been learning and doing some sewing. I will post a couple of times before the end of the month as I work on things. I have 'Pinned' ideas, tips, etc on Pinterest so I had something to look back on later. A person can follow me there too at https://www.pinterest.com/liana1110/.

I worked with mom a few times before she went on vacation. We finished three projects total. My "Cat n Moon" hanging quilt, a pair of warm bedtime pants for Jim, and a set of new place mats for grandpa.I will post the pics to all, but Jim's bed pants. :)

Cat n Moon Hanging Quilt

My first finished hanging quilt "Cat n Moon". There are some things I would do differently after some further research on the subject. I am limited right at this point due to my antique 1952 15-91 Singer sewing machine. We can only do straight stitches. Hopefully in the near future the original sewing machine my mom got me will expand on my limited stitch capabilities. More on my sewing machine in another post. :)

Cow Place Mats

Here are the cow place mats we made for gramps. They have reversible sides in case he gets bored with one or the other. :) We just cut out the size we wanted, color side facing each other, sewed a seam, left open a hole at the top to turn them inside out, and finished them. Pretty easy nothing fancy. We did this at mom's on her sewing machines. Plus Jim's purple fuzzy bed pants. hehe

I have been busy ordering seeds, starting plants/seeds, and even doing some herbal/food stuff. I am looking at starting a blog for that also just to keep things of interest separate. I know not everyone is interested in farming, gardening, herbs, sewing, etc. :)

Happy DIY and Crafting!!

Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment