Saturday, December 6, 2014

Introductory Post..


Hi everyone,

The first post for this blog. I have another called McCoy's Oak Hill Farm or find us at mccoysoakhillfarm.blogspot.com. Go right on over and check it out. :)

I decided to make this blog because I also do some crafty and DIY type of things for my garden, house, and gifts. I don't always have to time to do a lot of things, but that is what winter is for here in Minnesota. I like to be creative in other ways besides farming and gardening.

I have several interests or on/off hobbies. I have done some woodworking and have built different things in the past. I use to crochet, but my tendonitis gets irritated by it so I don't do as much. I have made salt dough ornaments, and I dabble some in computer arts. I use GIMP and Inkscape for that. I have tried my hand at embroidery and sewing in my younger days that was quite interesting. I gave it up for the time being. I have to admit I really like quilting stuff and so with the help of my mom and lots of reading. I am going to give quilting a try.

I have created a few quilt blocks or patterns on my computer using GIMP. Now I am working on how to figure out the cutting measurements for my creations, so I can start to sew them together. Lots to learn. I have a few pins on http://www.pinterest.com/. Just look for my name. :)

I hope to share some of my projects on here soon.

Happy DIY & Crafting!!

Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment