Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Projects Past and Future...


4 -H Fair lamb

   I thought I would share some pictures of projects I have done in the past. I learned crocheting from my grandpa's cousin Edith when I was around 12 years old.. I learned how to make Christmas ornaments and little dolls. I have some of the ornaments buried in a box. I also branched out and made some crocheted stuffed animals. I need to get our spare room organized for a work and craft office, so we have room to do things. Right now it is a storage room and a mess.


Crocheted lamb 2


The top picture I made to enter in the local county fair when I was in 4-H. I won grand champion on it in my class. :) The second one I found a pattern for and decided to make it. I also made a black cow for my grandparents from the same pattern just left out the loops. I am not sure where it is at the moment. The pictures were taken in the past year or so. They are in pretty good shape considering they were made about 30 years ago. I remember having fun making them it just took forever. :)

Jim's Quilt
  Just an update on how I am progressing on the hanging quilts. Slow going, but mom wants me to wait before I do any cutting until we get together. She has been 'Christmas shopping' in her little quilt room for me. She found extra sewing supplies I can have. :)

 We went to St. Cloud last week and I ended up with different fabric than I wanted for Jim's quilt. I made a few changes to my original design, but he still likes it. I guess that is what matters. I need to set-up a time with mom after the holidays to work on this stuff. I got the fabrics for my 'Cat n Moon' quilt. I even found some other fabrics I liked and were on sale. Now I need to get to work.

Happy DIY and Crafting !!

Liana

No comments:

Post a Comment